11 February 2008

Bad Decision - the first installment

Well, Sonny has been pretty good, this is what I think to myself before I go to bed last night, I think I will just put him in the doggie room with Dolly overnight, not in his crate, and see how he does…. Bad decision.

1) Hurricane
2) Tornado
3) Cyclone
4) Tsunami
5) gale
6) tempest
7) typhoon
8) whirlwind
9) twister

These words describe the way the doggie room looked as I found it this morning at 3:45 a.m. awakened by two dogs rassling and having a high old time. Big mistake leaving the 2 full open boxes of Skippy Treats and Alpo Snaps on top of the tv stand that I use to hold the misc dog things, the boxes were not only empty of all cookies, not a crumb in sight, but chewed to shreds to boot. I’m sure that Dolly had a snack or two as well, she probably thinks now that he is the best friend ever, he delivers midnight snacks!!! I keep the small dog cookies in the Cookie Monster Cookie Jar on top of the stand, Cookie Monster’s head was turned backwards like an owl, but those cookies were safe and Cookie Monster was the only thing left on the stand. Sonny took every brown paper bag out of the bin and they were strewn everywhere, he took all the dog ear cleaners and other misc bottles of dog things out of the basket that was on the middle shelf of the old t.v. stand. At least the doors to the stand were shut and he couldn’t get to the two boxes of BIG dog cookies that were underneath. The waste basket under the computer? Empty. All those old bill envelopes chewed to shreds, chew marks on the empty printer ink cartridges, phew on that one, that could have been a real mess. The braid rug and dog blanket /comforter were in a heap in the middle of the room, and on top of that was the dog food mat and the empty ceramic water bowl, that bowl is HEAVY! hence you have the tsunami, water all over the floor. In his crate are an empty gift bag with a hole chewed in the bottom, along with his baby squeak toy and his Kong. Shreds of boxes and papers are everywhere, inside and out of his crate. I didn’t look at the furniture to see if he chewed on that, I didn’t even think to check that, it’s just dawning on me now, surely he didn’t have time to do that too? Now I have to go home and check closer…. Clearly the doggie room was not puppy proofed.

And then, as I was getting ready for work after cleaning all that up, I knew I needed to keep checking on him, but the only thing he did after all that was to take the end of the roll of toilet paper in the hall bath and walk it into the living room, probably a line of 8-10 feet of toilet paper, the first square chewed to shreds. Thankfully he toned down his grand finale.

Unmistakably, Sonny is not ready to be left unsupervised.

What a bad decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home