11 February 2008

Appropriately Repentant - the 2nd story

Well, mostly it’s my fault. I THOUGHT the kennel door was latched when we went to bed last night.

The destruction was not bad this time, a soggy slimy shoe, the right foot shoe (Rocket Dog brand, how appropriate), sofa pillows re-arranged, a tennis shoe on the couch under the pillows, the other one still on the floor where I left it, a paper grocery bag in front of the front door, nail buffer chewed again, he was sharpening his teeth perhaps, mainly just small mayhem (I now keep the doggie treats UP and out of reach). But the real thing was that when I opened my bedroom door and he came flying in and I realized he has been free all night, I thought, uh-oh, this is going to be bad, I better rest with my snooze alarm before I go see. He spends a good 60 seconds jumping, hopping, nipping and licking at me as I lay in bed, and then he goes into the hallway. I see his tail in the mirror on my bedroom door, just his tail, it stays there, it stays there, it stays there, I call him, Come Sonny, it stays there, (this is like just seconds in time) I get up to see what the heck is he doing? Well, what he’s doing is lifting his leg and peeing on the wall in the hallway! No no no no bad dog! I scurry him out the door, into the back yard, bad dogging him the entire way.

The good thing is that for his first ever bad potty in the house I caught him in the act, and he’s a pretty smart guy, I’m pretty sure he got the idea what he was doing was not a behavior to repeat. He spent the rest of the morning on his blankie in his kennel with his ears down and looking - appropriately repentant.

3 Comments:

At February 11, 2008 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Kate said...

um, well, obviously i love this blog as i also very much love Sonny!

 
At February 11, 2008 at 4:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your first attempt at blogging is a HUGE success. As it has made THIS day so much fun, I'm very much looking forward to Sonny's Saga.

 
At February 11, 2008 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Kris said...

okay well this is a really great blog!! I can't wait for more entries!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home