18 February 2008

President's Day

In case you don't know, I work for a large construction company. I move from jobsite to jobsite as a project assistant (secretary). It's great, I totally love what I do. But sometimes I don't like my bathroom accomodations. I don't mind portapotties, unless it's a million degrees above or below zero. And I don't mind having to walk a ways to get there. But, here at the Lindbergh High School job trailer, we use the faculty bathrooms in the Alumni Building, across the hall from their main office. Today there is no school because of President's Day, which is nice, no kids and their cars and the saggy pants boys where you can see their underpants, (which is embarassing for me, what happened to the days where you were mortified if somebody saw your underpants??) but every single door is locked at the school! I can't get in! The lights are off! Nobody is around! Darrell usually keeps a key to the Gym 3 building door in his top left drawer, but I can't find it! He's not here yet this morning and won't answer his phone. I had no choice, I left the trailer and locked it up, got in my car and drove down to Schnucks, but I couldn't find their restroom! Across the street was a Burger King, so I drove over there to use their restroom. When I walked into the building it was sunny, cloudy skies, you could see there was a storm coming in from the west so I thought I better hurry. When I walked out of Burger King, I wasn't in there very long, snow was blowing sideways, visibility was low, the wind was high and the temperature had drastically dropped. If this luck keeps up I am going to have to take off on President's Day for the rest of the day! In the meantime, I think I am done drinking coffee for the day..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home