21 February 2008

On the couch

Last night as I was at home, relaxing watching t.v. Sonny the dog was pestering me to throw and fetch with him, down the long hallway in my house. But I don't want to because I want to read my magazine and half pay attention to American Idol on t.v. (I read the magazine at the parts where the contestants make me feel embarassed for them). Sonny paces the house a little, re-arranging his babies on the floor,harrumphing that I won't play, the bunny by the front door goes to the kennel in the doggie room, and the pull toy from the dining room relocates to in front of the t.v. Then, peace settles over the living room. Dolly is snoring on her blankie,oblivious, and Sonny is next to me on the floor by my chair, finally settled. I am reading my magazine and glancing at t.v., but it's so quiet I decide to check around for Sonny, first to my left to the blankie spot in the corner, no Sonny, then to my right, at the couch, and whoa! Who is over there stretched out, preening and feeling comfy but my dear Sonny! He looks at me with a look that says, would you mind fetching me a snack? I just got comfortable here.

Oh, I suspected this was going to happen, lately when I am sitting on the couch he puts his front legs up on the cushion next to me and stands up tall, his hind leg sort of hitch hitch hitching like it is itching to step up to the couch, not quite taking that final step up, and the other hind leg stays on the floor. I knew it was coming, couch sitting like his people. He sits up in the back seat of the car like a person, the couch was the logical next step.


I think the dear boy is feeling right at home these days, don't you?

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2008 at 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a couch poochie! Spoiling is a good thing, but I've never had pets allowed on the furniture - at least that I knew of. I always imagined them dancing around until they heard the car drive up. Did I suspect it by the cute innocent look in their eyes when I walked in?? You bet I did!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home