15 April 2008

45 Minutes Was All It Took

For the past week he (and we all know who HE is) has spent the night out of his kennel, angelically slumbering on the bed in the living room corner. This is the bed that has the dog pillow he chewed a hole in on the first day he had it. It is now covered by a mostly intact comforter. He has been on his best behavior overnight, deceiving me.

I honestly felt he could be left alone for just an hour while I went to the eye doctor. I decided to stop home after my appointment, to see if I was right, and pick up my lunch before I go to work. I will have my true answer.

I put him in his kennel in the doggie room. I did not latch the kennel door. The baby gate was shut. Dolly was in there with him.

I was only gone for 45 minutes.


I was oh so very wrong. He is NOT ready to be left on his own when I am not there.

Here is a list of some of the things that were out of place:

A. Futon Area
1. Two throw pillows on futon removed.
2. One pillow on futon (which already had a rip in it) stuffing strewn over floor.
3. Two blankets from on back of futon are off futon.
4. Sonny hair (he is shedding horribly) is all over navy blue cover of Futon. (In my mind’s eye I suspect he has been using the back of the futon to ricochet off as he circumnavigates the room at high speeds)
5. Bed tray on futon is half off, folding legs are collapsed. Papers formerly on tray top are cast about.

B. Hearth Area
1. Batting from throw pillow mingles with shredded brown bags, debris field is widespread.
2. Dog food bowls are found here, 6-8 feet from starting points.

C. Kennel Area
1. Sheet that was under kennel is no longer under kennel. Sheet is IN kennel, in shreds.
2. Kennel is 3 feet away from starting point.
3. Kennel is now facing East, formerly facing North.

D. Dolly Area
1. As I enter the minefield Dolly looks at me with perplexity, she seems a little dizzy. Her look says, I don't know, but it was fast.

1 Comments:

At April 18, 2008 at 6:08 PM , Blogger thebets said...

LOL!!! Oh my....that was great. I'm sorry you had to clean all that up, but it was a hilarious read!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home