28 March 2008

Imagination

Do you ever let your imagination get the best of you?

It just happened to me.

My "office" is a construction trailer parked between the math building and the gym at a high schoool. We use the faculty restrooms in the admin building, a short walk away.

This week is spring break for the kids so they are not around.

There have only been a couple of ladies working in the principal's office all week.

In effect, the place is deserted.

I was just in there.

The light was out when I opened the swinging door.

That light has never been turned out before.

This spooks me.

My imagination takes off.

Somebody is in the next stall.

(I check for feet underneath.)

Somebody is looking over the top at me.

(I look up.)

Somebody is going to shoot me through the stall wall.

(Too much Terminator. I lean back.)

I imagine someone lurking.

(Somebody is hiding their head and feet.)

I hurry up.

(Somebody is going to jump out at me.)

I am making myself really frightened.

My heart is really racing.

I wash my hands and make tracks out of there.

I didn't turn off the light when I left.

If it's out when I go back, I'm not going in.

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2008 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Kate said...

"Somebody is going to shoot me through the stall wall." That was hilarious.

 
At March 29, 2008 at 10:04 PM , Blogger thebets said...

This maaaay be why kate is afraid of stuff.....hmmmmm...just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home