05 March 2008

Snow Day

Yesterday was a snow day.

I left my house around 7:30 to go to a doctor appointment in Swansea, and the roads were a little bad but navigateable easily enough. But when I left the doctor's office things were much changed! I drove off, heading for work, via Frank Scott Parkway and Route 15, towards I-255. by the time I got to 255 I knew I was not going to go to work, the roads were miserable and I could barely see out my windshield because the wiper blades were so covered with ice. I said to myself, I can get to work but the drive home later will be even worse, I'm going home.

And I did.

It was a marvelous day! I finished all my laundry, I made my bed, I finished unpacking my suitcase, I looked at my bills, I made found cookies and found spaghetti.... found because I didn't have the typical ingredients, so I used the things I found in my cupboard, oatmeal, molasses, coconut, chocolate chip cookies (I would normally make oatmeal raisin) and the spaghetti had a jar of marinated artichokes and black olives instead of mushrooms, red onion, zucchini and italian sausage, the usual ingredients in my spaghetti. It was a delicious dinner, and everyone is enjoying the cookies.

To make the cookies I needed two eggs, so I went over to ask Jim and Michiko to borrow the eggs, which they were happy to provide. When I brought them back a plate of cookies Michiko had to give me something from her house to take home, you never leave her house empty handed, so she gave me some cottage cheese and a bottle of ranch dressing, she is the sweetest thing. Did I ever mention that Michiko is my angel?

And Sonny! In the Snow! racing, diving, running, jumping! He came inside at one point with a golf ball size glob of snow on his nose, he didn't even notice it. Dolly would need to have the snowflakes wiped off her coat whenever she came back inside, because she would potty and then stand at the gate til I let her back in, but Sonny never had to have his coat wiped, he was always moving, no snowflakes could catch him! He enjoyed having me home all day, I could tell, because he brought me every pair of shoes out of my closet that he could reach. Twice.

I love a good snow day.

2 Comments:

At March 5, 2008 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Kate said...

too funny!

 
At March 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

note to self. I need to learn how to add pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home