22 March 2008

Mika

My angel Michiko and her husband Jim, lost their dog this morning, 14 year old Mika, so frail, so sweet. This is for you.

To Those I Love

If I should ever leave you,
Whom I love
To go along the silent way. . .
Grieve not.
Nor speak of me with tears.
But laugh and talk of me
As if I were beside you there.

(I'd come. . .I'd come,
Could I but find a way!
But would not tears and
And grief be barriers?)

And when you hear a song
Or see a bird I loved,
Please do not let the thought of me
Be sad. . .for I am loving you
Just as I always have. . .

You were so good to me!
There are so many thingsI wanted still to do. . .
So many things I wanted to say to you. . .
Remember thatI did not fear. . .
It was
Just leaving you
That was so hard to face.

We cannot see beyond. . .
But this I know:
I loved you so. . .'twas heaven here with you!

by Isla Paschal Richardson.

1 Comments:

At March 24, 2008 at 12:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This poem applies to soooo much. Thanks for sharing

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home