06 March 2008

The Hen That Crows

Sonny is spoiled, and I am the one who is spoiling him.

Last night I had to go to Walmart and of course I had to get him a new baby. He has plenty of babies already, but that has nothing to do with it. I want him to have more.

Last night in the dog toy aisle I picked out a white hen with a red comb and yellow beak. If you press the breast it crows. I decide,This is the toy for Sonny.

Back at the ranch I give him the toy and he trots it around the house as if showing the baby around, and eventually he realizes it will make a sound. If you press it one time it crows 3 times in a row. He found the right spot and wouldn't let up. Over and over and over again.... the crack of dawn at 7:30 p.m.

There were only so many cockadoodledoo's I could take.

The Crowing Hen has a hiding spot, and I'm not telling anybody where it is.

3 Comments:

At March 10, 2008 at 7:43 PM , Blogger thebets said...

Ha...Kate told me you had a blog. I love that! I love puppies too (I have three).
In response to your crowing issue...remove the sound box. You will have a mute rooster and a very perplexed Sonny...at least until he gets distracted by your next purchase : ).

 
At March 11, 2008 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Yay Sonny! I wish Tucker would break the freaking squeaker in his little man. When I came over the other night he kept crowing it so that I would be impressed. He was very proud at his control over that hen.

 
At March 21, 2008 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Kris said...

How are you such a good writer!! This blog is great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home